Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sweet Action--May 30, 2012

It's summer vacation and time to celebrate ice cream season.


Having grown up in Fort Collins, I am a little biased in my tastes for local ice cream as Walrus is possibly the best there is. I can't say that Sweet Action changed my mind. It had a great variety of unique flavors. Vanilla with basil, s'more, rhubarb strawberry crunch next to Oreo, mint chocolate chip and chocolate raspberry swirl made for a colorful and tasty selection.

Yummy!
The bummer is, at least for those of us who have a hard time deciding, you can't mix flavors with half scoops. My s'more ice cream in a homemade waffle cone was awfully tasty, but it would have been nice to vary the flavors a bit. Large scoops and a hipster vibe round out this South Broadway experience, which is good, but probably not high on my list for future visits, especially with Bonnie Brae and Little Man right down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment