Sunday, June 3, 2012

Olivea--June 3, 2012

I have been meaning to try Olivea for awhile, but recently discovered that it is run by the fine people who run Duo, which made this lovely little cafe move much higher on my list of places to visit. Thankfully, my friend Annalea came to town this weekend and provided an excellent reason to venture forth.

Our appetizers

The company and cuisine did not disappoint. Annalea and I shared a plate of fried castelvetrano olives stuffed with ricotta, house made mozzarella roulade, arugula salad with goat cheese, pistachios and golden beats and the house made cavatelli pasta. 


Glad you came to visit, friend!

We intended to share our dessert, but it almost came to blows when we passed our plates back and forth to offer each other "tastes" of our almond lemon torte and chocolate and fleur de sel caramel tart. 

I'll have both, thanks.
I had high expectations for this meal and was not disappointed. Every bite inspired a pause in conversation to relish the flavor and I had to remind myself that I was in a classy joint before I licked my plate. 

What a great meal
I look forward to returning and sharing another meal with good friends soon. Hopefully Annalea will be back from Portland sooner than later to join me!

1 comment:

  1. When is your next adventure? I am ready to join again because each time I read your blog I get really hungry!

    ReplyDelete