Thursday, May 31, 2012

Devil's Food--May 21, 2012

This restaurant was the most recommended on my list--and with good reason! Everything about it was delightful. The back patio, the old fashioned furnishings, the freakin' dessert case filled with deliciousness--amazing!

Hey Ali...good luck in the woods!
Despite it's down home atmosphere, the dinner prices were a little high. Thankfully, this was a dinner treat from my CTQ friends, so it was easier to taste a wide variety of the menu's options.

Amazing.

My entree, a pork chop in pomegranate butter sauce with Parmesan potato wedges and sauteed zucchini and squash, was worthy of licking my plate. Coupled with a fruity but dry red sangria and a lovely sampling of cheeses for an appetizer would have been totally satisfying. But then I realize that I had a little dessert shaped hole in my belly just waiting to be filled by delights from the dessert case. Chocolate mocha cake, cream puff swans, Nuttella filled pastry shells...how does one choose? I guess I will just have to go back (likely for brunch next time) and try something new. What a delightfully yummy prospect!


No comments:

Post a Comment