Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dagabi Cucina--May 19, 2012

Check out those white, white legs!
For my 2nd adventure, I went off the list and out of town with my dear friend Alice.

Dagabi Cucina is a little Mediterranean gem is tucked in a strip mall off of North Broadway in Boulder. It took us a little time to find the place (thank goodness for the friendly gentlemen on the side of the road!), but it was well worth the hunt. The ambiance was lovely with carved stone and wood decor surrounding modern light and artwork. The tables were a little close together, but no worries. Alice made the reservations at 6...we were one of 3 tables eating before 7:30. The good news about our early evening is that we were there for the tapas happy hour. There was a great selection of small plates for $3, $4 or $5 and some yummy sangria to wash it all down.

Pollo Villeroy, Manchego Mashed Potatoes and bits of Alice's dinner
We probably would have been fine  with just the small plates, but the menu was so interesting, we decided to order entrees as well. I got the Pollo Villeroy, a breaded chicken breast in a citrus-tomato sauce served with Manchego mashed potatoes. I'm not going to lie...the mashed potatoes were my true selling point...and they were well worth it! Actually, every bit of my meal was delightful. The chicken was well seasoned and the sauce was plate-lick worthy. Alice's dinner of the nightly empanada special filled with Spanish black sausage and pine nuts was also quite good, but very rich!

Double Chocolate Cheesecake!
In a true bout of bad judgement, I decided to get the double-chocolate cheesecake to finish this fabulous meal off. It was as decadent as this picture indicates. Yum!

I definitely want to come back to this place, but think I will learn from my very overfull belly and stick to the tapas...if anyone is willing to join me at the early bird dining hour, I'd be happy to share some delicious bruschetta with you!

1 comment:

  1. ambitious. :) just saw your new blog - feel so left out. :)

    ReplyDelete