Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Shells and Sauce--June 12, 2012


One of my favorite things about this foodie adventure is that I keep stumbling onto neighborhoods that I had no idea existed. For example, I have been to the Botanical Gardens, but didn't know that there was a delightful little pocket of charm just two blocks north on 12th and Elizabeth. And right smack dab in the middle is Shells and Sauce.

So good!

I love restaurants where there are so many great options on the menu it is difficult to decide what to have. Thankfully, our delightful waiter sat down with us to make recommendations. He steered me to the Chicken Picatta in a lemon and white wine cream sauce. Nestled in a bed of pasta tossed with wilted spinach, it was rich and flavorful. I was only able to eat half and am really looking forward to eating the leftovers tomorrow.

My lovely dinner dates.

As has been the case with most of the places that I have visited so far, I am looking forward to visiting again to try other treats from the menu. With a lovely patio and large portions of delicious food, this was a true find!


1 comment:

  1. I look so sad in the picture- clearly I should have ordered that 2nd glass of wine! What is next on the list?

    ReplyDelete